How to design an effective website
So you’ve decided that you’d like to have a virtual presence on the web. But how can you design a website in a way that is going to be effective? How can you make people want to come back to your website over and over again? A customer won’t be interested in coming back to the site where he or she feels lost and bored. I’d like to reveal some tips which would be helpful:
- A lot of animated graphics is not going to positively impress your audiences. In fact, an excessive amount of animation will more than likely look very unprofessional.
- The graphics you use should be of the lowest density. Make sure all the pictures are optimized. By doing so you will let your web pages to load faster.
- Think of a good layout for your website. Try to place the content in a way so that your visitors don’t have to scroll down the entire page to get to the important message.
- Try not to use the frames when creating a website. A lot of code makes a page load slower.
- A well-organized link structure will provide an excellent website navigation. With clear navigation menus your visitors will be able to easily access any section of the website.
- Make sure to insert a link on each page that would lead to the home page.
- White background for the content looks much more professional than any other color and easier to read.