Tips to select the right domain name
What is a domain name? It’s a virtual address of the web page which Internet users type in the address bar of a browser to visit a certain web page. In brief, it’s a name to a website. Nowadays people tend to choose domain names based on relevant keywords to achieve higher rankings in the search engines. Such domain names are attractive to the readers as the keyword they search will be a part of this name. For instance, if your website is designed to sell different vehicles, a domain name could be something like all-vehicles.com, motorcarnews.com etc. But don’t tangle the name. It should be clear, coherent and catchy.
So here’s the question, how to think of the name which won’t be annoying for the visitors but will attract them to the web page? Let’s view a few tips which would hopefully help you to choose the best and pertinent domain name for the website and at the same time answer the question.
1. The best domain names are short. For one, most people are really lazy to type a long name in the address bar. And for two, a long name can be misspelled and quickly forgotten.
2. The usage of hyphens, underscores, various numbers don’t do a good job as well. They confuse people and disturb them. Keep your domain name simple, don’t overwhelm it with extra marks and characters.
3. Conformity. It means if you’ve got a website about cars, think of the relevant domain name. You cannot use names of celebrities or other inapt attributes in your domain name to attract users to the website. That’s simply wrong.
4. Thoroughly explore your market and think of a unique domain name. You shouldn’t copy someone else. After viewing several web pages you will definitely find the best solution for your website. In the future your domain name can become very popular. It’s a question of time.
5. However, you might find it really difficult to think about a proper domain name. In this case, you should search for free domain name suggestion tools which would help you to finally generate the best one!