Why should I choose Drupal?
Drupal is a persistent and reliable content management system which can be customized and extended. Drupal is a relatively new system and is not backwards compatible with other software that is why if you have other programs and systems that you’ve got used to, this new cms might not be the solution for you. However, despite the novelty as a web developer I have my conceived and prevailing reasons to choose Drupal as a content management system.
Drupal is an open source system which is constantly evolving with the help of thousands of web developers. It’s very important to keep the website up-to-date to avoid hacker attacks. Therefore, the communities of web developers always come up with the new features and extensions to provide a high level of website security.
Drupal has got a lot of advantages over the other cms’s but most of them are unfortunately interesting only to web developers, not to users. Clients are rarely interested in the power of theme overrides and the flexibility of software. However, there are several strong points about Drupal cms to take into consideration before choosing the content management system.
- Easy to install;
- Easy to use;
- Very flexible – you can easily turn your installation into a blog, forum or any other type of a web site;
- Macintosh and Windows support for content editing;
- User registration;
- User profiles and role assignment;
- Calendar / event module;
- Gallery / slideshow module;
- In-built cashing;
- Platform flexibility – Drupal is designed to be a multi-platform and can run in any OS whether it’s Microsoft, Apache or Linux, Windows, Solaris etc;
- ULR-s are SEO-friendly.