Where is the home button? Is your navigation system prominent on the site? Can your visitors easily use it? Frankly speaking, a navigational menu can become a big turnoff for your visitors if it’s not well-planned. Most web designers and developers mistakenly consider that a simple menu is enough, however, as it happens they forget that a navigational menu has its own requirements. Sometimes a website can do fine with a simple-to-use navigation menu while others use very complicated menus with dozens of links.
In this article I’m going to review some of the most typical websites and shed some light on how navigational menu changes each of them.
E-commerce field has evolved as one of the most prosperous businesses today. Almost all of them has earned its share of fame. The common point between all e-commerce websites is how complicated they’re. It doesn’t matter how simple your e-commerce portal is, a lot of navigation links have to be clicked so that the prospects can proceed to the shopping cart page and order an item off your website. Here is where web designers and developers have to do their job well and create a perfect blend of simplicity and complexity to retain visitors on an ecommerce portal. Amazon.com is a great example of an e-commerce portal. The search system of Amazon is next to perfect. The results are always compliant to the search queries. The main engines that keep Amazon portal on the top are menu and its search system.
Let’s review content-rich blogs. One people argue that this section can run with a fewer number of categories and links. They believe that the navigational menu can be avoided in blogs at all. Others divide their content into several categories. These categories should be listed in the navigational menu so that your visitors can browse the Internet stress-free. That’s why it’s important to post all the major categories on every page of the blog. A blog can have the following navigational styles: archive page, header menu, footer navigation, tags in sidebar, etc.
As a rule, such websites serve as the face of the company without any other meaning. The main target of corporate websites is to inform all clients about company’s changes and updates. The desire to include the minimum amount of links is a professional factor. If a website has got a lot of content, a footer menu would be a solution.
There’s always the time when offline business wants to go online. And once this decision is made, a company needs to have a website developed for their business. Whether you’ve decided to hire a professional or design and implement the website yourself, WordPress is the best platform to go for. Originally WordPress was used to publish blogs only, however today it performs far more functions. It’s evolved into a complete CMS that can meet all your website needs.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the advantages that WordPress-based websites have over the rest of the sites.
1) Search engines love WordPress. If we compared traditional static websites to WordPress-based websites, the last ones would be indexed in the search engines much faster. In its turn, it means that you will have more traffic coming to your website.
2) WordPress has got a big number of plugins and add-ons that have been developed by wordpress communities to perform everything from shopping carts to contact and registration forms. Because WordPress is an open source cms, all the updates and releases will always be on your fingertips.
3) If we count all the expenditure, it becomes obvious that to have a website developed with WordPress is much cheaper than to have any other cms customized and installed. Besides, it usually takes just a few clicks to install all needed plugins on the site which means you won’t need to pay a web developer to do this job for you.
4) WordPress platforms have got a great deal of SEO. As a rule, web designers don’t do SEO very well or don’t do SEO at all. However, WordPress-based websites have SEO elements already included in and hence, such websites are ranked much higher than other sites.
5) With no special training or coding skills, anyone can easily maintain WordPress-based website on their own. To have such website means to be able to manage and edit it whenever you want without paying a web designer to do this job for you.
6) Today a big number of business owners incorporate blogs into their websites to gain more popularity on the Internet. With WordPress platform, you’ve already got a blog built right in. It means that you can interact with your customers at any time.
7) Another powerful traffic grabbing tool that’s already built in WordPress-based websites is RSS feed. If you had a traditional website, you would have to pay your web designer to have this feed created for you.
Article spinning is a well-known search engine optimization technique when a blog or website owner posts a unique version of the existing content, a single article or just a part of it. It’s superlative way to multiply your writing efforts. It goes without saying that it’s not an easy job to write a unique and good quality article every time you plan to update the content. It takes time to compose a decent post.
Would it not be a great idea to take one single article and create multiple variations of it. By doing so, you would be able to post your blogs on the Internet, build good back links and drive the desired traffic. Article spinning is exactly what could help you achieve this goal.
As you know, duplicate content is not acceptable on the web. Let’s answer this question. Imagine, that you’ve written a great article that brought your website to the top positions in the search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. You’ve picked the keywords that ideally work for your website and business industry.
Now you take the same post and publish it on a different website. Will it make sense for the search engines? By uploading the same article to the second website should have given you the second position in the search engines.
But it doesn’t work like that. This is where article spinning is important. Search engines have to provide users with relevant links which are categorized accordingly. Therefore, posting identical articles is absolutely an absurd idea. To avoid misunderstanding or any other inaccuracies, search engines just ignore the duplicate content. Furthermore, your site ranking can be even penalized upon finding a duplicate content.
According to the research data, various companies all over the world apply article spinning technique. And the reason is lack of good filtering system that search engines could use to check out relevancy of the content with respect to other articles on the web in terms of idea or topic.
Some companies hire writers to manually spin the articles, others use special tools and software which are probably less expensive and faster. However, it’s entirely up to you what option to choose. What is definitely important is that quality content is a prerequisite of website success and high ranking in the search engines.
Generally speaking about business websites, there are many many different things you can implement if you choose to. The important thing is to actually understand what you can do with a website. Knowing all the potential and possibilities of the Internet you may raise your expectations yourself. From there it’s just a matter of time and experience how you’re going to use your site and whether it’s going to become your tool to slay the competitors.
Here are some expectations that most businesses have for their websites.
A visually appealing electronic brochure. The highest expectation of most businesses is to have a website in a form of online electronic brochure. It’s dramatically important for a business to have a website, otherwise customers won’t take your enterprise seriously. But if that’s the only expectation from your website, the only visitors who are going to come to it will be those folks who have been handed a business card to check it out. Designing an online brochure, business owners totally focus on the look of their website rather than its functionality. Don’t get me wrong, it is important to have an attractive and pleasant to the eye website. But it’s a real shame that there are so many businesses who believe it’s the only important factor that determines their website success. “The first impression last the longest”. That’s true, but the irony is that people who usually visit brochure type websites are usually referred from somebody else and thus, their visit to the site won’t be really a first impression.
In my opinion, lead generation has to be one of the highest expectations from a website. A perfect plan would be to entice new customers who have never heard about your website and come to it by accident. To implement this plan your website should have high rankings in the search engines so that Internet users can find you on the web. To have high search engine rankings is important, but to have some form of connection with your visitors is as much important. An email newsletter on a site could be a great solution. When people sign up, they automatically give you an option to stay in touch.
Your website can help you to build trustful relationship with customers. Start to regularly release informative and interesting blogs about your business and industry. Almost all blogging platforms have got comment sections where people can share their views, opinions, questions, etc. By involving people in a commenting part of your business website, you automatically build trust and acquire respectful reputation.
I’ve done some research and noticed that today blogging has become incredibly popular. People all over the world including lawyers, doctors, students, young mothers, dads etc. write blogs. Why? Well, firstly, it’s quite enjoyable, and secondly, it makes money. Bloggers always earn extra cash money from their blogs. But what’s even more alluring is that anyone can do it. You don’t have to have a special training or to be a professional programmer to blog. Everything you need is to be literate, well-read and be ready to always haunt for the new exciting information.
Blogs are used to express different opinions, tell people about your views and simply possess a site on the web. The definition for blogging has been explained many many times by now. Just to mention, it’s literally a website but more like a personal journal which is updated on a regular basis and directed on the various audiences.
Blogs can be business-oriented or totally personal. It’s the way to share your thoughts and release fresh news, information on products and services. However, personal blogs look more like open diaries which are generally updated on a daily basis.
So, what are the benefits of having a blog?
- Blog is probably the easiest way to have a website on the Internet;
- Blog is a good chance to express yourself and show your talent in the worldnet;
- Blog is an efficient way to stay in touch with your relatives and friends who live abroad; Publishing new blogs helps to inform a family about author’s recent activity when they are away;
- Blog is the way to share new knowledge and keep users interested in your site;
- Blog is an effective way to promote things on the Internet.
Ok, now when you know the benefits of blogging on the Internet, shall we view the ways of making money? With a blog you basically show to the world what you’ve got to offer. You need to think of the blog and focus it on something really profitable so that you can always make money out of it. The golden rules are:
1) Always post the blogs when the subject is well-known to you;
2) You need to regularly update your blog;
3) Publish only good quality articles with the images and links.
If you’ve just started to write blogs, you will find affiliate programs and marketing an easy way to make money. How does it work? You just login to their site and join their affiliate program member. Google ads is another well-known way to make money. Google share the revenue from the ads with you.