Frankly speaking, the habits of web users aren’t much different to the habits of the customers who visit a store in the street. Visitors take a look at each new page, scan the text and the images and click the first link that catches their interest. You may be surprised to find out that there are some parts of the site that people don’t even look at.
Most users browse the Internet to find something interesting and clickable. The moment they see something worth their attention, they instantly click. If the web site doesn’t meet their expectations, they click the Back button and continue their searching.
Quality and credibility are the virtues that visitors that users appreciate most of all. If the site provides informational content of high quality, users are ready to close their eyes on the advertisements and the design of the site. That’s the major reason why there is a big number of not-that-well-designed websites with good content get a lot of traffic. Content is a king. It’s more important than the design.
When the visitors come to the site, they don’t read but scan it looking for the anchors that would guide them through the content.
Web users are impatient. If the site doesn’t meet their expectations, it basically means that a designer has failed to do his job properly and consequently, a company loses its potential clientele. The site should be constructed in the most favourable way so that its visitors don’t want to look for alternatives.
Most web users browse the Internet intuitively. They don’t really care and they don’t need to know how things work. If the site works for them, they stick to it. As a website owner you need to learn the habits and peculiarities of your target audience to satisfy their needs and wants. Give your prospects a reasonable option to make them click your URL.
Stability is what all users need when browsing the Internet. None is fond of unexpectedly popping up windows, therefore it’s a good idea to let them control their browsers. Most people get used to using the Back button to return to the site or web page they’ve been before: hence, don’t open links in new browser windows.
Usability of the site determines its success. When creating a website design, it’s important to think of your customers. It’s your customer who clicks the mouse and makes a decision whether he or she wants to have a deal with you or not.
These days, when people need to find a particular product or service, the first thing they do is they browse the Internet. This tendency has led to making Internet marketplace one of the biggest, popular, competitive and profitable global market where you can find anything to meet your needs and requirements. Many business people who have discovered the potential of world net start to include an Internet division to their businesses.
Today, any existing business needs a website. There are many potential buyers and customers online, and you could definitely profit from having a virtual business presence on the web. Don’t miss out a chance to make regular profits and expand your business.
A business website can be compared with a shop but virtual one. Therefore it’s quite important to do all the necessary things to make a website easily accessible and found in the search engines so that your potential clients can find you at any preferable time.
A small business website can have a visually appealing electronic brochure to entice new visitors. A good content is also tailored to attract Internet users to the website, however, it won’t necessarily promote products and services. However, interesting content will bring your visitors back to the site and give you an opportunity to do business with them.
All the information on the website has to be highly accurate and interesting to target the global audiences. It’s important that your web designers have got a clear vision of your business and marketing goals so that they create an efficient tool to run online business successfully. Nobody knows your business better than you do. If you don’t make it absolutely clear to the webmasters what you’d like to achieve with your website, it will become profitable only by accident.
So you’ve decided that you’d like to have a virtual presence on the web. But how can you design a website in a way that is going to be effective? How can you make people want to come back to your website over and over again? A customer won’t be interested in coming back to the site where he or she feels lost and bored. I’d like to reveal some tips which would be helpful:
- A lot of animated graphics is not going to positively impress your audiences. In fact, an excessive amount of animation will more than likely look very unprofessional.
- The graphics you use should be of the lowest density. Make sure all the pictures are optimized. By doing so you will let your web pages to load faster.
- Think of a good layout for your website. Try to place the content in a way so that your visitors don’t have to scroll down the entire page to get to the important message.
- Try not to use the frames when creating a website. A lot of code makes a page load slower.
- A well-organized link structure will provide an excellent website navigation. With clear navigation menus your visitors will be able to easily access any section of the website.
- Make sure to insert a link on each page that would lead to the home page.
- White background for the content looks much more professional than any other color and easier to read.
When I offer my web design and web development services to the businesses, the first question I always ask is whether a business owner has already got a website. If the answer is negative, I usually ask for a person who is responsible for such things.
It’s already 2012 and you would never believe there are businesses that don’t run their personal websites. However, there are quite a few of independent businesses that could already have had a website if they thought it was important for them.
However, I strongly believe that a business that offers certain services or products needs a virtual presence on the web. The amount of people who read newspapers and magazines steadily declines. All the conventional ways to advertise things are not as effective as they’ve been in the past. Today people spend more time online, shopping, looking for stuff, a place to go, things to do, etc. Any information can easily be accessed via a website. E-commercial websites make it possible to purchase items directly from the web without leaving your home.
There are many many reasons why your website needs a website, but I’d like to put an emphasis on the big three.
1) Affordable way to advertise products round-the-clock. That’s one of the biggest reasons. A website is a sort of a billboard that is going to be on expose 24 hours a day and 365 days a year at very reasonable prices. But the best part of advertising through the website is email. All the emails you are going to send will contain your name and your business name in the address. That’s going to look professional and convincing.
2) Control your costs. A good idea is to provide a coupon on a site for the following reasons: at first, it encourages Internet users to visit your website more often and at second, it helps to bring more traffic to the site. By controlling a coupon like this, you will definitely save your money. You wouldn’t have to invest in a printer, postage, newspaper or a magazine ad. If your customers need a coupon, they can print it themselves on the own printing devices. Besides, people tend to share the links with their friends and relatives, so here’s another effective, quick and, what’ more important, free way to advertise your products. If you set an automated store, you will be able to sell items round-the-clock smoothly and stress-free.
3) Google. By now, the way to find the needed information has greatly changed, mostly because of Google. The Google search engine has become the third most visited website without any conventional advertising. If you need to describe potential of the Internet, just mention Google. There are billions of websites on the Internet and Google has reached the third position by word of mouth. That’s really amazing! I’m not saying that you’re guaranteed to achieve such results, but still, a great and professionally designed website will not only save you money but also MAKE you money, that’s for sure!
Do you still have no account with Myspace? In that case you’re definitely missing something big out. People around the world have experienced incredible benefits of using this popular social networking site. It’s got unbelievable capacity which tempts and attracts business owners and corporate organizations. A big number of people has got a great tool to make their websites as attractive and impressive as they like. It’s as easy as to customize a personal user page. In these latter days custom Myspace designs have become the latest trend in the virtual designing world which gains more and more popularity from day to day.
Is it possible to do it yourself?
Ask this question first. There is a number of tools which has been developed for Myspace followers. These tools are used to create a nice, personalized and unique look of their account. If you are creative enough or if you’ve got a certain level of expertise on how utilize these tools, you can always go for them and customize your online presence yourself. However, if you don’t feel comfortable using these tools or you do lack creativity, there is a number of available web design companies that work with custom myspace designs at affordable prices. Professional help is definitely needed if you lack technical skills but you want to have a presentable and attractive myspace account.
If the goal of your Myspace account is to promote things online, it should look really professional. Creativity and identity factors should not be neglected whilst thinking of the concept for your account design. With a professional approach you would know for a fact that the output is going to exceed all expectations. The design should be relevant to the business field and reflect its nature so that people can follow you and clearly see your objectives.
Easy navigation should be provided by all means. Otherwise, your online business presence will fail to succeed. The navigation system is expected to be coherent and simple so that even first time users could navigate through web pages without getting confused.