There’s always the time when offline business wants to go online. And once this decision is made, a company needs to have a website developed for their business. Whether you’ve decided to hire a professional or design and implement the website yourself, WordPress is the best platform to go for. Originally WordPress was used to publish blogs only, however today it performs far more functions. It’s evolved into a complete CMS that can meet all your website needs.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the advantages that WordPress-based websites have over the rest of the sites.
1) Search engines love WordPress. If we compared traditional static websites to WordPress-based websites, the last ones would be indexed in the search engines much faster. In its turn, it means that you will have more traffic coming to your website.
2) WordPress has got a big number of plugins and add-ons that have been developed by wordpress communities to perform everything from shopping carts to contact and registration forms. Because WordPress is an open source cms, all the updates and releases will always be on your fingertips.
3) If we count all the expenditure, it becomes obvious that to have a website developed with WordPress is much cheaper than to have any other cms customized and installed. Besides, it usually takes just a few clicks to install all needed plugins on the site which means you won’t need to pay a web developer to do this job for you.
4) WordPress platforms have got a great deal of SEO. As a rule, web designers don’t do SEO very well or don’t do SEO at all. However, WordPress-based websites have SEO elements already included in and hence, such websites are ranked much higher than other sites.
5) With no special training or coding skills, anyone can easily maintain WordPress-based website on their own. To have such website means to be able to manage and edit it whenever you want without paying a web designer to do this job for you.
6) Today a big number of business owners incorporate blogs into their websites to gain more popularity on the Internet. With WordPress platform, you’ve already got a blog built right in. It means that you can interact with your customers at any time.
7) Another powerful traffic grabbing tool that’s already built in WordPress-based websites is RSS feed. If you had a traditional website, you would have to pay your web designer to have this feed created for you.
Drupal is one of the most popular open source and free content management system that’s developed in PHP. Drupal is literally a back end system that’s used to manage websites and blogs. A big number of government, corporate, educational and simply personal blogs and websites are maintained through this cms. Drupal is a popular system that can be used for various knowledge management and business collaborations.
How does the core of Drupal cms look like? It usually comprises user account registrations, Drupal menu management, RSS feeds and many other layout customization. One of the biggest advantages of Drupal cms is that it can run on almost all types of platforms. The minus of this cms is its quite sophisticated interface. And yet, Drupal is an extremely flexible platform that makes it possible to create a wide variety of websites.
Further on I’d like to view some of those websites that you can manage through this open source content management system.
Websites with static content
Despite this technology is not recent, one can use this CMS to manage and maintain traditional websites with static web pages. Being an administrator of Drupal platform you can literally create as many unique pages as you like. With Drupal system an administrator can set any page as the homepage.
Websites with dynamic content
Drupal cms allows to manage the content of a dynamic blog. It’s also possible to upload various files and even the whole pieces of content from other websites too. Running Drupal platform, a user can also share press releases and other important documents.
Drupal platform manages a user account system as well. It allows all users to register on the site and maintain their profiles. The feature that determines user’s access allows administrators to specify a type of content which a user can exchange on the site in the future.
Drupal is a very popular and robust content management system that can help you effectively manage your content and graphic material on the site, however it does have somewhat sophisticated interface that may require certain training and computer skills.
If your business has already had an experience of working with Content Management Systems such as Joomla and WordPress, you may wonder whether there is a chance of finding a better cms solution to run your business. Fortunately, just recently one of the most flexible and functioning cms solutions has set off a new version, Drupal 7. This cms is known as easy maintenance and a powerful mix of tools that help to effectively run business.
Drupal is a popular open source content management system that provides its users with flexibility to edit, modify, share and distribute the content (texts, video files, etc.) Drupal is more than a content management system. It’s a Software as a Service solution (SaaS) and web application development framework that’s used by thousands of people around the world. Drupal cms is an ideal option for small businesses and easily scalable for large organizations.
You may have used a number of content management systems in the past and noticed that none of them is perfect. Some of them function better than the other. Drupal will let you take advantage of the ever-evolving community platform that drupal developers upgrade on a regular basis. The platform is run by people who care about its functionality and performance. It’s one of the biggest open source platform known in the world. You will never be stuck without support if suddenly your developer leaves the business. When using Drupal cms you will always have an access to all future upgrades and multiple features.
- Drupal design is free. However, a certain number of CMS systems charge monthly or yearly fees. As it happens, those costs are not always disclosed to the small businesses. Besides, the cost for subscription sometimes can rank from a hundred bucks to sometimes thousands of dollars. On the contrary, drupal is absolutely free. There are no hidden fees.
- Drupal web design is flexible. When it comes out of the box, it’s actually ready to showcase your brand. From the first seconds you can design and customize your Drupal website to match your business needs and requirements.
- Drupal is search engine friendly. At the moment when you launch your website online, search engine optimization becomes an important part of your business’s marketing strategy. Drupal-based websites are initially search engine friendly. They display the content in a way that search engines find irresistible.
- Drupal development is fast. Very often time indicated the cost of the project. The good news is that it takes several hours to deploy a quality Drupal-based website. And what’s even more important is that you don’t need to start from scratch.
1. It’s imperative for web developers to build sites with a customer in mind. Not all customers are tech savvy, therefore a proper content management system should make sense to the users first thing first. As a web developer you can find a CMS that you can fall in love with and be satisfied with the way it works. But the most important factor in site is whether or not a customer can use it like he or she imagines it should work.
Thus, it would be a sensible idea to pick a CMS with a simple admin interface. You will always be able to customize it to meet the customers’ needs in the future.
2. Bigger is better. Don’t agree to use CMS, whether it’s an open source or not, that claims to have a big number of followers. You can hear all kind of promises but you’re not guaranteed to get a helpful user community and all those beautiful extensions and plugins. It’s a trap! The number of users doesn’t make a system good.
There is a big amount of users who insist on using Linux, for example. However, there is a big number of opponents who would say different. Another reason why people choose such types of CMS is because they’re tempted with a number of developers who work on web application. But you need to remember, that developing a great product is not as easy as writing a check. What’s really important is who is behind the product.
3. Working with a little guy. That’s another extreme that usually takes place after unfortunate run of a big platform. Overly simplistic CMS would not give you the desired results. Always make sure that the cms you’ve gone for has got all extensions with the functionality that you personally need. Don’t be in a rush to invest in the CMS unless you know for sure what you’re offered.
4. A lot of Internet users don’t do sufficient research and сhose a content management system that doesn’t meet all their needs and requirements. Therefore, it’s important to view and learn all pros and cons of the cms before making a decision.
A proper content management system should be easy to install. It’s got have a simple and coherent interface with extensions and plugins for extra functionality.
CMS-driven websites are good for a lot of reasons. One of the most significant reasons why CMS-based websites have become so popular and widely used world over is because they make things clear and evident.
Another influential reason for such popularity and worldwide usability is that CMS-based websites support DotNetNuke (DNN) technology. It’s actually true that just a few websites support this technology and some of them which do, look very unconvincing.
The distinctive features of CMS-based websites are that they can have DNN Skins incorporated. Professional web developers who work with DNN Skins take advantage of this liberty and design relevant skins to offer. The DotNetNuke skins are very appealing and thus, they can easily drag all the attention of the visitors within a few seconds.
A webmaster who’s got a vast experience of developing DNN skins knows what effect such website usually have on their visitors and how to create the most visually appealing CMS website.
CMS-driven websites are very receptive towards DNN skins. Normally DNN CMS developers are very skilled masters and the projects they create instantly show their spark on the Internet. They are well visible in the search engines and hence, very popular in the present world.
CMS-driven websites have always been in big favour of DNN developers because they remain one of the best basis for implementing DNN skins. The skins can be placed and removed within no time. Another advantage of these websites is that users can easily access the content and navigate the site stress-free.